AnyToXML Format Converter Engine
The Redix AnyToXML Format Converter Engine converts non-XML messages (such as flat files or EDI files) into well-formed XML messages. Users can define the XML tag-style by using one of the following styles:
- Full Description (e.g.. <PurchaseOrderDate>)
- Record/Segment Name with Sequence Number (e.g., <BEG_05>)
- Record/Segment Name with Element Number (e.g., <BEG_373>)
- Microsoft BizTalk
The Redix AnyToXML Format Converter Engine is ideal for those enterprises that wish to build an XML repository or are looking for a way to create an XML file that they can then use as an internal XML schema.
Written in C/C++, Redix AnyToXML Format Converter Engine runs on Windows 2000/XP/Server 2003/Vista/7/Server 2008/Server 2008 R2, Linux, and various versions of the UNIX operating system, including Sun Solaris, HP-UX, and AIX.
The engine converts convert files of the following types to XML:
- X12 and its clones, including versions 3040, 4010, 4020, 4030, 5010, 5020, 5030, 5040, and 5050
- UN/EDIFACT and its clones, including versions 94A, 94B, 95A, 95B, 96A, 96B, 97A, 97B, 98A, 98B, 99A, 99B, and 00B.
- NSF (version 2 and 3.01), UB92 (version 4 and 5)
- Fixed-Length flat file
- Comma Separated Value (CSV) file
- Proprietary File
- NCPDP (with the Redix NCPDP Module)
- HIPAA (with the Redix HIPAA Package)
- HL7 (with the Redix HL7 Module)
Besides its conversion capabilities, the engine also provides the following functionalities:
- Works with all EDI standards including ISO 9735 (EDIFACT), ISO 7372 (Data Element Sets), ASC X12, and other proprietary EDI formats
- An API (Application Programming Interface) lets enterprises seamlessly and easily integrate the Redix AnyToXML Format Converter Engine with existing applications
- Provides C/C++, C#, VB/VB.Net, Command Line, and JAVA interfaces
The following diagram shows the data flow for an enterprise using the Redix AnyToXML Format Converter Engine.
Redix modules are optional add-ons to the Redix AnyToXML Format Converter Engine that add additional functionality. Multiple modules may be added onto a single engine, and the modules do not have to be installed during the initial engine installation.
Depending on the enterprise’s needs, the enterprise can purchase separate module licenses in addition to the AnyToXML Format Converter Engine. For example, if the enterprise needs to convert NCPDP files into XML files, then the enterprise should purchase a separate NCPDP Module license. The following is a list of possible modules that can be added onto the AnyToXML Format Converter Engine.
|NCPDP||Enables the AnyToXML Format Converter Engine to handle all NCPDP files|
|HL7||Enables the AnyToXML Format Converter Engine to handle all HL7 files|
With Redix GUI Mapper and EDI Authoring Tools
If an enterprise wishes to use a GUI (graphical user interface) to create and maintain message-type definitions and conversions, it can purchase a Redix GUI Mapper with EDI Authoring Tools license.